Organized, analytical, empathetic and curious. Able to communicate complex topics to a wide range of audiences. Takes the lead in troubleshooting and problem-solving efforts. Works well both independently and collaboratively. Always trying to ask better questions, cut waste and drive improvement.
Expertise with many technologies and tools:
- Databases: SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB
- Data formats: relational, flat-file, XML, JSON, “messy data”
- Reporting and analysis: SSMS, SSRS, Excel (including PivotTables), Jupyter Notebooks
- Other: Visual Studio Code, Git, Jira, Confluence, Postman, Microsoft Office, Google Docs
Key skill areas:
- Writing complex SQL from scratch.
- Answering business questions through a mix of data analysis and presentation.
- Creating rapid prototypes to explore, test ideas, communicate, and get feedback.
- Data warehousing concepts and structures.
- Developing complex, robust ETL processes.
- Experience and fluency with healthcare data.
- Working knowledge of statistics.
- Experience in all aspects of system development life cycle, including leading in an Agile environment.